Preshil is a small, secular and progressive co-educational independent school for ages 3 and 4 through to Year 12. Students take an active role in their education and develop responsibility for their actions; they are encouraged to ask challenging questions, to know themselves, care for others and achieve excellence on their own terms.
Preshil is an authorized International Baccalaureate World School with a Diploma Programme (DP), Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Primary Years Programme (PYP). The school uses a restorative approach to discipline and is looking for outstanding teachers with high levels of leadership experience and capacity.
The school’s website is a valuable source of information in coming to an understanding of Preshil. The school philosophy is inspired by the work of Margaret J R Lyttle and builds continually on her work and the work of her niece, Margaret E Lyttle and the ideas of other educational theorists relevant to progressive education in 21st century Australia. We acknowledge the valuable role that teachers play in the lives of children. We are seeking vibrant, passionate and experienced educators to join our team working to create outstanding programs for every student
Current vacancies are available below, if you have any other queries about working at Preshil, please contact Kate Bowers, Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com
- French and English Secondary Teacher (MYP)
- CRTS IBDP and MYP Educators
French and English Secondary Teacher (MYP)
Preshil seeks a skilled and enthusiastic French and English teacher for our Middle Years Programme for an immediate start. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at Preshil where we have chosen to remain deliberately small which enables engagement with each student as an individual, and builds personal responsibility, self-esteem, resilience, initiative, creativity and courage. The courage to question.
Experience in the IBMYP is preferred and willingness to undertake IB training is essential.
This role will initially be for 12 months and then ongoing for the right candidate. FTE will be negotiable.
General role description
- To have a strong background in teaching French and English
- To be able to contribute to the Electives program
- To demonstrate outstanding discipline-based knowledge and experience in teaching English and French in the Middle Years
- To carry out professional duties and to have responsibility for assigned classes, co-curricular programs and individual students
- To be responsible for the day-to-day learning and management of classes and the safety and welfare of the students, during on-site and off-site activities
- To promote the aims and objectives of the school and maintain its philosophy of education
- To carry out other duties as directed by the Principal
A full position description can be found 2022 French and English MYP 2022
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and hold current VIT registration
The letter of application, together with current CV and contact details for three referees (in one complete file) should be emailed to Kate Bowers, Human Resources Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications close: when a successful candidate is found so do not hesitate in submitting your resume