The Electives Program at Preshil is designed to broaden students’ learning within and beyond the curriculum and is a pillar of our enduring commitment to making, choosing, building, playmaking and performing. Facilitating interdisciplinary experiences, the program can challenge and extend knowledge in a specific area of study, or spark an interest in a previously unexplored area.
Each term, students from Prep to Year 6, and Years 7 to 10 choose from an ever-evolving (thanks to student interests and suggestions) selection of subjects and activities from a vast array of topic areas including Health & Wellbeing, Community & School Partnerships, STEAM and Sport/Physical Development. We invite subject contributions from staff, parents, alumni and the wider Preshil community.
The Electives Program Enables Students To:
- make choices about their learning
- work at their own level on small projects
- explore a diversity of experiences and approaches
- engage with tasks that interest them and develop a positive attitude to learning
- plan what they will do by setting short-term goals
- locate resources required for the task
- develop a sense of personal responsibility and accountability
- communicate and work with their teachers/peers
- ask questions