Commitment to Child Safety
All children attending Preshil School have a right to feel and be safe. The welfare of the children in our care will always be our priority. Preshil is committed to the principles of cultural safety and inclusion of children from diverse backgrounds and the safety and inclusion of children with disability, and we recognize that these principles support the safety of all children. All actions and programs will maintain high ethical standards and comply with child safety standards and child protection reporting guidelines.
We promote positive relationships between students and adults and between students and their peers. These relationships are based on trust and respect. Inappropriate or harmful behaviours targeting students based on these or other characteristics, such as racism or homophobia, are not tolerated at our school, and any instances identified will be addressed with appropriate consequences.
We take proactive steps to identify and manage any risk of harm to students in our school environment. When child safety concerns are raised or identified we treat these seriously and respond promptly and thoroughly.
Child Safety Policies
The School has developed policies and procedures to respond to Ministerial Order 1359 Implementing the Child Safe Standards – Managing the risk of child abuse in schools and school boarding premises. The School Child Safe Policy and other related policies are listed below.
- Child Safe Standards (Vic)
- Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy
- Child Safety Code of Conduct
- Responding to Student Safety Concerns – Reporting Obligations
- School Staff Recruitment Policy
- Student Safety Definition Document
- Staff and Student Professional Boundaries
- Identifying and Responding to all Forms of Abuse in Victorian Schools
- Four Critical Actions for Schools Responding to Incidents, Disclosures, and Suspicions of Child Abuse
- Responding to Suspected Child Abuse: A Template for All Victorian Schools
VIT Code of Conduct
School Governance Policies
- Attendance Policy and Procedure
- Enrolment Policy
- Enrolment Terms and Conditions
- Enrolment Agreement
- Leaving School Without Permission (Absconding)
- Parent Code of Conduct
- Student Code of Conduct
Curriculum and Student Learning
- Academic Honesty Policy
- Assessment Policy
- Language Policy
Care Safety and Welfare of Students
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Policy
- Anaphylaxis Management Policy
- Behaviour Management Policy
- Bullying Prevention Policy
- COVIDSafe Plan
- Inclusive Education Policy
- Social Media Policy
Links to Other Websites
Preshil, from time to time, provides links to other websites as a service to users of this website. This service does not mean that Preshil endorses those sites or material on them in any way. Preshil is not responsible for the use of a link which may become out of date or inaccurate.
Subjects and Courses – Information provided on this website about subjects and courses is an expression of intent only and are not to be taken as a firm offer or undertaking. The School reserves the right to discontinue or vary such subjects, courses, or co-curricular offerings at any time without notice.
Policies – please note that not all School policies are published on the website. However the list of policies above is not a complete list of policies required to be published. This site will be substantially updated over the next few months.
While Preshil has attempted to make the information on this website as accurate as possible, the information on this website is for personal and/or educational use only and is provided in good faith without any express or implied warranty.
- There is no guarantee given as to the accuracy or currency of any individual item on the website.
- Persons accessing the website who require confirmation of any information should contact Preshil directly.
- Preshil does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage occasioned by use of the information contained on the website.
- While the School will make every effort to ensure the availability and integrity of its information, it cannot guarantee that this will always be available, and/or free of any defects, including viruses nor can it guarantee the accuracy and validity of information from external sites.
Users should take this into account when accessing the information. All access and use is at the risk of the user.